If you are passionate about helping people to achieve in learning and want to enable them to gain the accreditation and qualifications that could be the moment that changes everything both personally and professionally them, this is the course for you.
Having the assessor qualification means that you are qualified to assess people on QCF (previously called NVQ) qualifications and a wide variety of other courses. Through training and mentoring we will support you to build a portfolio and gain practical experience to become an assessor. We will show you ways to help learners achieve their qualifications through a range of modern creative methods that get the best from them and help them gain the confidence to succeed.
There are some extremely compelling reasons to take up a qualification in assessing including:
– Recession proof earning prospects – there is a national shortage of assessors
– Work in your own industry – pass on your passion and good practice
– Flexible working hours – you can usually choose the hours you work
There are 3 units which can be done individually – leading to the Award or all three leading to the Certificate which means you are fully qualified and therefore have wider access to work assignments:
– Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
– Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
– Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
We also recommend taking our Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) to give you a solid grounding in both teaching and assessing. This is required as a minimum for tutors working on all publically funded courses.Level 3 Qualifications in Assessing Vocational Achievement