Our Traineeship programme is designed to support young people into a career in education. Maybe you’re the next inspirational teacher, youth worker or learning support assistant? Maybe you see yourself behind the scenes in technical or administrative roles? Whatever your interest we can support you to take control of your future through our programme.
Examples of Traineeship roles currently available:
– Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant
– Laboratory and Science Technician Apprentice
– P.E. & Sports Teaching Assistant
Traineeships are for young people who are close to having the skills necessary to gain an apprenticeship – we work with you to give you the extra push you need to secure that dream job!
As part of the Traineeship you will undertake the following:
– Voluntary work experience with an employer that is interested in apprenticeships and matched to you.
-Qualifications – including: Level 2 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools, English & Maths (where needed)
– Specific coaching and mentoring from our qualified team who will connect you to the best apprenticeship opportunities in your local area and develop your employability – e.g. CV writing & interview skills
You must be:
– 16-23 years of age and be qualified below level 3
– Able to commit to 2-3 days a week of work experience with an employer seeking an apprentice
– Able to commit to training and coaching sessions 1 day a week with Youthforce to enhance your career prospects
Mason got on really well this last couple of days. I also think he has quite enjoyed it. We have taught him photocopying, the post machine, ring binding and booklet making. He has done a bit of filing and checking, stuffed letters in envelopes. He has taken it all in his stride, hopefully this will give him the confidence to progress