The desired candidate will provide technical and software support to a busy secondary school. You will be part of a busy team working alongside a technician for the upkeep and good order of the computer equipment, development of staff knowledge and skill using ICT resources and identifying and remedying software, hardware and network faults.
· Acting as first point of contact for IT issues
· To support the management and maintenance of the School’s Network
· Maintenance and cleaning of computers, Whiteboard and projectors.
· Install and maintain software systems as required.
· Stock control and upkeep of related records and inventory.
· Record all Procedures and Processes in detail to aid staff knowledge
· Assist with the creation of guides and documentation for services we offer
· Support teachers and students with the mobile devices during lessons
· Assist with the creation of staff and student accounts
· Maintain network internet and email logins
· Diagnose and resolve hardware, software and end user problems
· Manage and develop use of tablet devices including and related apps that support learning in the school
· Ensure mobile devices are stored securely at the end of every day
· Undertake periodic safety checks on equipment and materials, reporting findings to a member of the team.
· Work with teachers to ensure IT skills are utilised across the curriculum
· Knowledge of the programmes used across all year groups and within all curriculum areas.
· Work with Leadership Team to further develop IT Strategy
· Manage anti-virus software
· Assist with the running of AV equipment for Lettings
The successful candidate will be required to attend training courses as appropriate, e.g. in-service training;
It is also expected that you will be able to:
· Exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times;
· Work using your own initiative within school times
· Assist school staff with resources when required;
· Be enthusiastic in developing own expertise and skills;
· Undertake any other duties as required by the Head of the Academy or Leadership Team.
· Undertake professional training and qualifications.
The IT Systems Support Apprenticeship provides individuals with an excellent knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers in ICT support and related areas.
The preferred candidate will have achieved a Grade C/4 or higher in GCSE English and Maths, or an equivalent such as Functional Skills Level 2. In some cases, consideration may be given to candidates who lacks these qualifications though has considerable experience in a relevant sector; however this is at the discretion of the employer.