- Provide a friendly, well presented and professional from of Academy, ensuring all reception processes are in line with the image presented.
- Deal with all enquiries from visitors in respect of Academy events, admissions and enrolment procedures and refer them to the appropriate member of staff when necessary.
- Maintain appropriate records of incoming callers and outgoing staff from the Academy.
- Sign for deliveries and inform the appropriate recipient to arrange collection of goods.
- Receive company representatives, Governors, interview applicants etc. and contact relevant member of staff and direct visitors to waiting area.
- Supervise 2 student receptionists.
- To keep the reception area neat, tidy, leaflets full stocked and monitor cleanliness standards.
- Daily use of the School Information Management system Bromcom.
- To provide general administrative support for the Academy and various departments as directed.
- To assist in the unmarked registers process including sending emails to staff.
- Assisting with distribution of internal and external post.
- To assist in the development of appropriate resources.
- Provide administrative support for the Awards Evenings and other Academy events.
- To attend all appropriate meetings.
- To invigilate examinations and support with examination admin as directed.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths
- Level 2 Functional Skills English
- Level 2 Functional Skills ICT
- Ability to relate well to children and young people
- Flexibility and ability to respond to multiple demands efficiently and politely
- High level of adaptability to changing demands
- Prioritising and being pro-active
- Ability to work well with colleagues and parents in professional manner
- Work constructively supporting the team
- Ability to plan and organise work to meet varying deadlines
- Ability to work on own and take initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good ICT skills and experience, including Word, Excel, and management information systems
- Organised approach, attentiveness to detail and good planning skills
- High degree of professionalism towards role.
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm.
- Calm manner.
- Strong commitment to education and young people.
- Positive role model for children and young people.
- Taking personal responsibility and commitment to providing a quality support service.
- Methodical and organised.
- Commitment to own continuous improvement and development.
- Acceptable professional appearance at all times.
- Maintaining confidentiality on Academy matters
English and Maths GCSE.
The Apprenticeship pathway will prepare learners to progress to the Advanced Apprenticeship Progression to Level 3. Advanced Apprenticeship will also enable learners to move to higher levels of work or enable learners to work unsupervised (e.g. Team Leader, Account Manager).
If there are vacancies within school or within Federation schools that become available, you will be encouraged to apply.