- Provide front line service and respond to parents in the reception area and be the first line of contact for all administrative queries.
- Deal with all queries both internal and external.
- Oversee all deliveries into the academy.
- Stock auditing termly and administration to ensure that the office/academy is stocked.
- Assist school staff in all aspects of school life including contacting parents and pupils as required.
- Ensure an appropriate filing system is maintained.
- Create purchase orders by obtaining authorisation, coding and posting purchase invoices.
- Raise cheques/BACS for purchase invoices.
- Enter journals onto the accounting system and post monthly sales invoices.
- Ensure the collection on all revenue associated with sales invoices in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for collecting, banking and accounting for cash for various purposes such as school trips, clubs, milk, and dinner.
- Assist with audit requirements.
- Undertake any other administration duties as asked by the office manager or the Principal.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths
- Level 2 Functional Skills English
- Level 2 Functional Skills ICT
- Ability to relate well to children and young people.
- Flexibility and ability to respond to multiple demands efficiently and politely.
- High level of adaptability to changing demands.
- Prioritising and being proactive.
- Ability to work well with colleagues and parents in professional manner.
- Work constructively supporting the team.
- Ability to plan and organise work to meet varying deadlines.
- Ability to work on own and take initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good ICT skills and experience, including Word, Excel, and management information systems.
- Organised approach, attentiveness to detail and good planning skills.
English and Maths GCSE.
- High degree of professionalism towards role.
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm.
- Calm manner.
- Strong commitment to education and young people.
- Positive role model for children and young people.
- Taking personal responsibility and commitment to providing a quality support service.
- Methodical and organised.
- Commitment to own continuous improvement and development.
- Acceptable professional appearance at all times.
- Maintaining confidentiality on Academy matters.
The Apprenticeship pathway will prepare learners to progress to the Advanced Apprenticeship Progression to Level 3. Advanced Apprenticeship will also enable learners to move to higher levels of work or enable learners to work unsupervised (e.g. Team Leader, Account Manager). If there are vacancies within school or within Federation schools that become available, you will be encouraged to apply.