Under the direction of the Network Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as first point of contact for IT issues.
- Supporting the management and maintenance of the school networks.
- Maintaining computers, Whiteboard and projectors.
- Installing and maintaining software systems as required.
- Stock control and upkeep of related records and inventory.
- Supporting staff and pupils during lesson as required.
- Maintaining internet access, websites used and permissions granted
- Maintaining user accounts across systems
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software and end user problems.
- Supervising and running the connection to the Internet.
- Managing and developing the use of IPads including related apps that support learning in the schools
- Undertaking periodic safety checks on equipment and materials, reporting findings to Network Manager.
- Working with teachers to develop IT skills across the curriculum
- Managing anti-virus software
The successful candidate will be required to attend training courses as appropriate including in-house training.
The Intermediate Level Apprenticeship provides individuals with a sound knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers in ICT support and related areas. These include:
- Level 3 Apprenticeships in ICT
- Higher Apprenticeship in ICT
This pathway also offers the participant a doorway into the administration profession, offering the chance to work in a variety -of settings. The experience gained from this apprenticeship in the practical office environment is invaluable.
- work as part of a team in a flexible and co-operative manner
- Good standard of written and spoken English.
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills.
- Organised approach, attentiveness to detail and good planning skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good work attendance record, with no health problems likely to impact adversely on performance in post.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and discretion when handling sensitive information.
- Ability to work off of own initiative and also as part of a team
- Basic understanding of client operating systems (Windows, iOS, Android, OSX)
The preferred candidate will have finished their GCSEs or other skills qualifications and will have achieved a minimum of Grade C in English and Maths.