The desired candidate will provide technical and software support to a busy federation of primary schools.
You will be responsible for the upkeep and good order of the computer equipment, development of staff knowledge and skill using ICT resources and identifying and remedying software, hardware and network faults.
In conjunction with the Senior Technician you will also advise on ICT Health & Safety in the school and monitor its practice.
Finally you will be responsible for the maintaining information contained on the school website, ensuring this information is relevant and up-to-date.
- Acting as first point of contact for IT issues
- To support the management and maintenance of the School’s Network
- Maintenance and cleaning of computers, Whiteboard and projectors.
- Install and maintain software systems as required.
- Stock control and upkeep of related records and inventory.
- Record all Procedures and Processes in detail to aid staff knowledge
- Support teachers and pupils with the mobile devices during lessons
- Maintain internet access, websites used and permissions granted
- Maintain network internet and email logins
- Diagnose and resolve hardware, software and end user problems
- Supervise and run the connection to the Internet
- Manage and develop use IPads including and related apps that support learning in the school
- Application of theft deterrent markings to all existing and new equipment as necessary.
- Undertake periodic safety checks on equipment and materials, reporting findings to School Business Manager.
- Work with teachers to ensure IT skills are utilised across the curriculum
- Knowledge of the programmes used across all year groups and within all curriculum areas.
- Work with Leadership Team to further develop IT Strategy
- Manage anti-virus software
The successful candidate will be required to attend training courses as appropriate, e.g. in-service training;
It is also expected that you will be able to:
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times;
- Work using your own initiative within school times
- Assist school staff with resources when required;
- Be enthusiastic in developing own expertise and skills;
- Undertake any other duties as required by the School Business Manager or Head Teacher;
- Undertake professional training and qualifications.
The Intermediate Level Apprenticeship provides individuals with a sound knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers in ICT support and related areas. These include: • Advanced Level Apprenticeship in ICT • Higher Apprenticeship in ICT This pathway also offers the participant a doorway into the administration profession, offering the chance to work in a variety -of settings. The experience gained from this apprenticeship in the practical office environment is invaluable.
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills,
- Good organisational skills,
- Strong communication skills,
- Ability to work off of own initiative and also as part of a team
The preferred candidate will have finished their GCSE or other skills qualifications in English and Maths, though consideration will be given to highly-motivated young people willing to achieve a qualification in Functional Skills (English, Maths & ICT) at Levels 1 & 2.
- A level of maturity commensurate with working in a school classroom environment will be required.
- Motivated by making a difference to children’s learning & development
- Willing to learn and professionally develop
- Committed to self-development
- Does what they say they will do when they make a commitment – i.e. show up on time and not let people down
- Values others
- Effective communicator – good listener, sincere and able to win people over
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Confident to take the lead when appropriate
- Flexible and adaptable
- Committed to collective success
- Socially adept
- Creative and innovative
Training to be provided
- Level Two Diploma in Professional Competence
- Level Two Award in ICT Systems and Principles for Practitioners
- Level 1 Functional skills in English
- Level 1 Functional skills in Maths
- Level 1 Functional skills in ICT