The manufacture, packaging, testing, storage and distribution of marketed drug products, and those used for clinical trials, is performed by Eisai Manufacturing Ltd (EML), Eisai Network Companies and third party contractors.
The QC Apprentice will therefore work extensively with other QC staff involved in testing to ensure that EML manufactures and distributes medicines of the highest quality to its patients.
The QC Laboratory ensures that all materials used in the manufacture of medicines conform to specifications. As an integral member of the QC team, the QC Apprentice will have the following main duties:
- To coordinate areas of the sample flow procedure within the laboratory. Specifically the sample receipt procedure and sample disposal for EML and Clinical material.
- To manage and perform laboratory housekeeping, including washing glassware, waste disposal and maintaining the laboratory in a general ordered state.
- Be proficient in the use of SAP and Trackwise for processes such as: Date of Manufacture check, Ordering, QC Travel, QC Training.
- Management of P-Card Statements for QC Cost Centre
- The ordering of laboratory consumables, stock checking and any other order related tasks.
- To support QC testing activities, for example printing of labels, preparation of glassware, standards, reagent solutions and HPLC column cleaning activities.
- To contribute to continuous improvement projects within the laboratory where required.
- To test and check incoming materials according to agreed specifications and procedures.
- To test finished product and stability samples as required to agreed specification and procedures.
- To support the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment according to approved procedures and schedules.
- To maintain all laboratory Quality Systems and Quality Management Systems in compliance according to approved procedures.
- To perform any other appropriate duties at the request of the Quality Control Manager.
- To maintain effective working relationships with all EML personnel and departments.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Subsidiary BTEC Diploma in Applied Science
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
- Computer literate e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to follow defined processes and procedures.
- Self-motivated individual capable of taking ownership of individual areas of responsibility.
- Ability to use initiative when necessary.
- Good team player.
- Committed to self-development
- Flexible and adaptable
- Committed to collective success
A minimum of 5 GCSEs (A-C including English and Maths) or other equivalent qualifications.
Quality Control will provide a sound environment to learn many aspects of pharmaceutical manufacturing and supply.
Completion of this Apprenticeship will allow learners to apply and gain professional recognition as a Registered Science Technician (RSciTech). Upon completion, apprentices may secure a full-time position within the analytical, educational and industrial sectors. Additionally, the experience and knowledge gained will prepare learners for progression onto degree level apprenticeships.