- To assist in producing reprographics work for the whole school
- To help to prepare work for reproduction, to include: word processing, DTP, pasting up, designing, colour work including merits, certificates, letters to students, newsletters, school calendar, exam papers and timetables, work sheets and other similar items
- To assist in the production of school reports and help to copy and prepare them for issue to students
- To assist in the production of posters, programmes and tickets for specific events
- To help to keep the photocopying and print machines in good working order
- To undertake all work in the most cost effective way
- To order, as directed by the GD and Print Officer, appropriate supplies
- To help ensure that the quality of documentation being produced in school and meets house style and standards
- To assist in the provision of a binding and laminating service
- To file original materials
- To deal with internal and external clients in person or on the telephone on a clear professional manner
- Subject to training and experience, the post holder will provide cover for duties of the Graphic Design and Print Officer in his absence.
Assisting the Principals PA
- To assist the PA/GD and Print Officer in the production of ‘The Bexhill Beacon’ booklets, leaflets etc
- To assist the PA to the Principals’ to carry out duties effectively.
- To help with the arrangements and setting out for parents evenings and other events such as Graduation and Speech Day.
- To answer the telephone in a clear professional manner and take messages for the Principals PA as required.
- To assist with various Administrative tasks as required including sourcing and producing paperwork for meetings, producing and sending out large mail-outs to parents/carers, sourcing information on the internet and managing data etc.
The Apprenticeship pathway will prepare learners to progress to the Level 3 Apprenticeship Progression. The Level 3 Apprenticeship will also enable learners to move to higher levels of work or enable learners to work unsupervised (e.g. Team Leader, Account Manager).Future prospects
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Windows & Office software including WORD, EXCEL and Outlook
- Good standard of written English with the ability to draft, layout & format reports, correspondence & documents; good understanding of grammar & spelling
- Good typing skills – ideally touch typing
- Organised approach, attentiveness to detail and good planning skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A good work attendance record, with no health problems likely to impact adversely on performance in post
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information & discretion when handling sensitive information
- Professional and clear telephone manner
- Ability to work off of own initiative and also as part of a team
The preferred candidate will have finished their GCSE or other skills qualifications in English and Maths, though consideration will be given to highly-motivated young people willing to achieve a qualification in Functional Skills (English, Maths & ICT) at Levels 1 & 2.
- A level of maturity commensurate with working in a school environment will be required.
- Motivated, willing to learn and professionally develop
- Committed to self-development
- Does what they say they will do when they make a commitment – i.e. show up on time and not let people down
- Values and respect others
- Effective communicator – good listener, sincere and able to win people over
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Confident to take the lead when appropriate
- Flexible and adaptable
- Committed to collective success
- Socially adept
- Creative and innovative
- A pleasant sense of humour
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Certificate in Business and Administration
If you haven’t already achieved a C or above in Maths, English and ICT at GCSE level you will be required to complete;
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skills English
- Level 1 Functional Skills ICT