The desired candidate will be responsible for the upkeep and good order of the computer equipment, development of staff knowledge and skill using ICT resources and identifying and remedying software, hardware and network faults. In conjunction with the Senior Technician you will advise on ICT Health & Safety in Amido and monitor its practice.
The desired candidate will provide technical and software support to Amido
You will be responsible for the upkeep and good order of the computer equipment, development of staff knowledge and skill using resources and identifying and remedying software, hardware and network faults.
In conjunction with the Senior Technician you will also advise on IT Health & Safety in Amido and monitor its practice.
Finally, you will be responsible for the maintaining information contained on Amido’s systems are relevant and up-to-date.
· Acting as first point of contact for IT issues
· To support the management and maintenance of Amido’s Network
· Maintenance and cleaning of computers, Whiteboard and projectors.
· Install and maintain software systems as required.
· Stock control and upkeep of related records and inventory.
· Record all Procedures and Processes in detail to aid staff knowledge
· Maintain internet access, websites used and permissions granted
· Maintain network internet and email logins
· Diagnose and resolve hardware, software and end user problems
· Undertake periodic safety checks on equipment and materials, reporting findings to Senior Technician.
· Manage anti-virus software
· Undertake and manage reprographics work and meet required deadlines.
· Build machines to set standard
· Software Auditing
· Working through helpdesk requests and escalating where necessary
· Onboarding and Offboarding of users
The successful candidate will be required to attend training courses as appropriate, e.g. in-service training;
It is also expected that you will be able to:
· Exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times;
· Work using your own initiative within business hours
· Assist Amido staff with resources when required;
· Be enthusiastic in developing own expertise and skills;
· Undertake any other duties as required
· Undertake professional training and qualifications.
The IT Systems Support Apprenticeship provides individuals with an excellent knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers in IT support and related areas.
The preferred candidate will have achieved a Grade C/4 or higher in GCSE English and Maths, or an equivalent such as Functional Skills Level 2. In some cases, consideration may be given to candidates who lack these qualifications though have considerable experience in a relevant sector; however this is at the discretion of the employer.