Job Title: Tutor/ Assessor
Based at: London, South East and South West England
Reporting to: Head of Training
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 (per annum)
About this role:
We are currently looking for tutors to deliver our Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship courses across Greater London, the South East and South West of England.
Training is the central activity of our business and the place where we interface with our employers, learners and funders. This is where everything we work for comes together and where the impact we can make in the lives of young people and their employers is most tangible. That is why our trainers need to be Superhuman.
• To anticipate and overcome barriers to progress, inspiring achievement and ensuring an inclusive approach to the learner journey
• To use effective listening, assertion and questioning in a range of contexts to facilitate learner engagement
• To provide considered and planned ongoing support to candidates from induction through to completion, including giving timely feedback on learner progress
• To utilise e-learning resources effectively in the assessment and tracking of learner progress
• To agree and record targets and progress through Youthforce and Funding Partner review processes
• To comply with awarding organisation requirements, as well as Youthforce policies and procedures, in order to ensure high levels of quality and safety
• To complete paperwork (e.g. enrolments, reviews and ILPs) to the standard required by funding partners and OFSTED.
• To deliver high standards of equality and diversity, safeguarding, Maths and English, IAG and any other subjects common to all learners.
• To maintain currency of own knowledge and skills with reference to workplace practice through legislative guidance and peer review, as well as attendance at regular standardisation, INSET days & CPD events
• To celebrate achievement through attendance at, and promotion of, Youthforce graduation events
To succeed in this role:
• You will bring proven experience of devising and delivering similar vocational training courses, and/ or have enjoyed a professional career mentoring and leading others in a technical or science led industry, and now be looking to bring these skills into a new educational environment
• You will be an energetic, organised and innovative individual, who is passionate about education.
• You will be happy working both within a team and autonomously, to deliver a diverse, modern curriculum that addresses the needs of young people and employers alike.
• You will engage the learner in the process of setting challenging but relevant learning goals that suit their needs.
• Your commitment to the individual learner will be complemented by a clear and ongoing desire to improve yourself, reflecting and developing professional practice to ensure your mastery of coaching, teaching and assessment.
• You will contribute to the organisational aim of high quality and compliance in the teaching and assessment of learners.
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, and you are excited at taking the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org