Youthforce is a pioneering and highly respected training provider, dedicated to developing people of all ages throughout the UK. We specialise in the delivery of STEM apprenticeships, offering a winning formula of care, training excellence and an acute understanding of what our client partners need.
About this role:
As a Business Development Consultant, you will be responsible for identifying and creating mutually beneficial, strategic relationships on behalf of Youthforce with STEM employers, specifically in relation to the science and IT sectors.
You will need a proven track record of B2B sales and the ambition to grow our market share via a combination of new and repeat business in your target location across the full Youthforce offer.
Our Business Development Consultants carry a target, so you will be a tenacious, assertive and solution-focused professional who can manage multiple stakeholders and agendas – while simultaneously demonstrating the ability for closing sales in line with our client’s needs.
You will need to understand market trends and government policy to be current and effective when consulting with employers on how they recruit apprentices or upskill their current employees, to help develop their workforce and future-proof any potential skills gaps.
Our values are core to all we do at Youthforce, so operating with integrity, credibility and an ability to listen are critical in order to maintain the trust that our clients and apprentices place in us.
- Develop long-term client relationships to promote and secure repeat business.
- Conduct independent research into the STEM field for better business generation and sector understanding.
- Use data analytics findings to drive sales and support continued growth in the STEM market.
- Research, source, book and attend meetings to achieve targets and build long-lasting relationships.
- Meet monthly sales targets and demonstrate long-term planning and strategy for consistent performance that meets set KPIs.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date company, pipeline and activity information on the CRM at all times.
- Ensure that brand values of Youthforce are consistently represented and upheld.
- Conduct employer satisfaction surveys.
- Attend events and networking opportunities.
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Possess experience in B2B sales, displaying strong commercial awareness and a proven track record of closing sales and meeting targets.
- Demonstrate and communicate your belief in the value of apprenticeships.
- Be motivated to work in an independent, field-based role over a wide geographical area, with access to suitable transport (travel reimbursement is provided).
- Be able to self-motivate and manage your own diary and time effectively to meet set KPIs.
- Be driven to achieve personal and company targets to meet the Youthforce growth strategy.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong listening skills and ability to act upon key discussions.
- Be enthusiastic, driven, ambitious, with a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Show effective stakeholder management and be able to influence and communicate at all levels.
- Apprenticeship B2B sales.
- Apprenticeship knowledge.
- STEM Sector knowledge.
- Sound geographical knowledge.
Salary range: £25,000 – 30,000 basic + OTE
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV.