Business Development Manager
Closing date: Midnight 6/11/20
Telephone interviews: 22/10/2020 – 12/11/2020
Online Assessment Centres: w/c 16/11/20
Final Interview & Presentations: w/c 30/11/20
Salary £35,000 + OTE
At Youthforce, we believe the world is being transformed by businesses working with science and technology. We work with employers across the UK economy to develop the staff needed to transform the world. Our mission is to change lives through Science and Technology through apprenticeships. We are a fast-growing independent provider and are passionate about apprenticeships.
As an experienced and accomplished salesperson, you will have significant mastery in stakeholder management, influencing and possess solid selling expertise. As a professional in developing key relationships that are mutually beneficial to all, you will be driven by an ethical sales approach to support the customers’ needs and creating sustainable partnerships. Passionate about the role at Youthforce, you are looking for a role which offers great variety and challenge. You will be confident salesperson who is able to consult, negotiate and challenge our customers to generate win-win outcomes for all. You will be a quick but measured thinker who has great resilience with a growth mind-set that supports you become a successful business development manager at Youthforce.
About the role
As a confident B2B salesperson you will develop new business opportunities that support the Youthforce growth strategy. Becoming an expert on our apprenticeships and training solutions alongside a deep understanding of the industries in which our STEM (particularly science) customers operate in is pivotal in meeting their needs. You will have a strong commercial awareness and ability to communicate and position our value proposition. The ability to listen, acknowledge and challenge our customers to facilitate win-win outcomes situates you as an expert adviser and gives you credibility. The primary goal is to develop a strong pipeline of high-quality leads, that are closed in a timely manner through good sales planning, discovery, and strong relationships.
Business development consultants have key responsibilities that are used as sales drivers to develop win-win solutions for our customers and create long term partnerships.
- Develop long-term relationships
- Have a customer centric approach to training solutions that drive long term partnerships
- Consult with confidence to challenge our customers to create and identify sound buying reasons
- Create connections within the STEM industry to support the Youthforce growth strategy and brand awareness
- Develop industry and business intelligence data to support the acquisition of new customers
- Research, source, book and attend meetings to build a pipeline of real opportunities
- Conduct complex customer analysis to help identify the customers’ needs
- Effectively communicate the value of work-based learning, demonstrating how it can benefit our client’s present and future business objectives.
- Work closely with marketing and apprenticeship programme managers to ensure a seamless transition for clients across all areas of the business.
- Agree accurate close and recruitment dates for apprenticeship enrolments
- Keep accurate and up-to-date company, pipeline, and activity information on our CRM at all times.
- Monitor competition and gather current data to analyse your and Youthforce effectiveness within the market
- Meet monthly sales targets and demonstrate long-term planning and strategy for consistent KPI achievement
- Ability to work effectively from home and manage own diary
- Minimum two years or more experience in a business development role.
- Proven track record of success in opening and closing new B2B business opportunities
- Demonstrable experience of effective communication between multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working with CRM systems.
- Good IT skills, including the use of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Driving licence.
- Experience of working remotely.
- Experience of working in the apprenticeship training sector.
- Experience of working or knowledge of the science, construction, or digital industry.
- Sound geographical knowledge
Attributes and behaviours
An ability to work with a diverse array of customers and stakeholders.
Able to challenge and consult to understand the customer’s needs
A willingness to learn.
Approachable, professional, and honest.
Flexible, robust, and resilient.