A CSCS card provides proof that you have the required training and qualifications to work on a construction site.
Having a CSCS card is not a legal requirement, however, most construction sites require their workers to hold one.
When you or an employee enrols onto the Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship or the Laboratory and Associated Activities NVQ with Youthforce, the trainee(s) will receive the required training to acquire the CSCS card. Youthforce will provide training that covers the industry recognised criteria for the Health and Safety unit within the programme to enable the trainee(s) to achieve their related sector card. The certificate for the Health and Safety unit along with proof of enrolment onto the approved routes above will enable you to apply for a CSCS card.
The cost of a CSCS card is a payment of £36. Each card is valid for a certain amount of years before it must be renewed. (Please see below for further guidance)
To find out more about the Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Click here.
You will need
1. Proof of enrolment of the Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship
2. Proof you have passed the Health and Safety unit – you will receive a certificate from Youthforce (The Health and Safety unit is completed during the induction stage of the apprenticeship)
This card is valid for four years and six months, it can not be renewed.
You will need:
1. To be enrolled on the Laboratory and Associated Technical activities NVQ – Youthforce will provide evidence of your enrolment to apply for the trainee card
This card is valid for five years and can not be renewed.
You will need
1. Proof that you have passed the Level 3 Certificate in Laboratory Technical Skills
2. Proof that you have passed your End Point Assessment (you will complete this at the end of your apprenticeship)
This card is valid for five years.