Graduate Sales Executive
Reporting to: Head of Sales and Recruitment
Locations: North West, North East, East of England, East Midlands, West Midlands,
Please note, these are mobile, regional roles that will require travel to and from client meetings. This means that a driving license is an essential requirement.
At Youthforce we believe the world is being transformed through science and technology, we change peoples lives everyday through the work we do with businesses and organisations that work in STEM.
Are you a STEM or Business graduate that is more interested in the commercial side and would like to pursue a career in sales, marketing or procurement?
If you are looking for a role with great earning potential, high quality training and hands on experience that will set you up for a successful commercial career then read on…
We are looking for highly motivated achievers to join our 2019 graduate programme. We are offering a great opportunity to do good, earn well and develop your commercial acumen and sales skills through an 18-month intensive training and coaching programme which is delivered by a Miller Heiman Group Accredited Expert.
Youthforce are a small, highly ethical business that specialises in delivering STEM Apprenticeships. Our apprentices work for a range of employers, from blue chip to start-ups and across some of the nation’s most innovative and high-profile infrastructure projects.
In this dynamic sales role, you will be utilising the knowledge you gained during your degree to generate more life changing career opportunities for apprentices with businesses and organisations who need to develop talent. Our 18-month sales training programme combines classroom theory, online learning and on the job coaching that will expose you to the latest approaches to consultative, strategic sales methodology and techniques. You will learn highly transferable skills that you carry with you for the rest of your career in any commercial role.
You can expect to earn between £30-£35K in year 1 and £35-£40K in year 2. On target earnings are uncapped so the world is your oyster. Financial incentives aside, each sale you make opens up an opportunity for an apprentice to transform their life in one of the most important sectors for the future of the UK.
- You are a determined 2:2 or above Graduate with a STEM or Business related degree
- You aim to beat any target set and push yourself in and out of work
- Hardworking and ambitious
- Thrive in a commercial environment
- Strong team ethic
- Quick thinking
- Eager to learn
- Confident on the phone
- Tangible examples that demonstrate your potential for this role
- You have a right to work in the UK
- Year 1 – Basic salary £22,000
- Year 2 – Basic salary £25,000 rising to £30,000
All salary increases are dependent on successful performance.
About this role:
As a Graduate Sales Consultant, you will be responsible for identifying and creating mutually beneficial, strategic relationships on behalf of Youthforce with STEM employers, specifically in relation to the science and IT sectors.
You will develop a strong track record of B2B sales and process the ambition to grow our market share via a combination of new and repeat business in your target location across the full Youthforce offer.
Initially you will carry a deliberately reduced target, so you will be a tenacious, assertive and solution-focused professional who can develop skills in managing multiple stakeholders and agendas – while simultaneously developing the ability for closing sales in line with our client’s needs.
You will need an inclination towards understanding market trends, government policy and assessing business needs. It is highly advantageous to be current and effective when consulting with employers on how they recruit apprentices or up-skill their current employees. You are working with employers to help them develop their workforce and future-proof any potential skills gaps.
Our values are core to all we do at Youthforce, so operating with integrity, credibility and an ability to listen are critical in order to maintain the trust that our clients and apprentices place in us.
- Develop long-term client relationships to promote and secure repeat business.
- Conduct independent research into the STEM field for better business generation and sector understanding.
- Use data analyticsto drive sales and support continued growth in the STEM market.
- Research, source, book and attend meetings to achieve targets and build long-lasting relationships.
- Meet monthly sales targets and demonstrate long-term planning and strategy for consistent performance that meets set KPIs.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date company, pipeline and activity information on the CRM at all times.
- Ensure that brand values of Youthforce are consistently represented and upheld.
- Conduct employer satisfaction surveys.
- Attend events and networking opportunities.
- Attend training and produce related work for assignments
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Display an aptitude to develop a strong commercial awareness and ability to close sales and meet targets.
- Demonstrate and communicate your belief in the value of apprenticeships.
- Be motivated to work in an independent, field-based role over a wide geographical area, with access to suitable transport (travel reimbursement is provided).
- Be able to self-motivate and manage your own diary and time effectively to meet set KPIs.
- Be driven to achieve personal and company targets to meet the Youthforce growth strategy.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong listening skills, ability to act upon key discussions and negotiate.
- Be enthusiastic, driven, ambitious, with a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Show effective stakeholder management and be able to influence and communicate at all levels.
- Apprenticeship knowledge.
- STEM Sector knowledge.
- Sound geographical knowledge.
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First interviews – 7/8th October 2019
Second interviews – 21/22nd October 2019