At Youthforce, we believe the world is being transformed by businesses working with science and technology. We work with employers across the UK economy to develop the staff needed to transform the world. Our mission is;
To develop a world class Science and Technology Workforce through apprenticeships
We are a fast-growing independent provider who are passionate about apprenticeships. There will be progression opportunities for the right candidateswithin the first 4 years of employment.
As a STEM Tutor, your role will be pivotal in developing and maintaining the quality of the Youthforce training provision. You will be the first point of contact for learners and employers, supporting their Youthforce experience with commercial awareness and rigour, as well as a sense of purpose and empathy.
You will also be a key team member in a dynamic and developing team of Tutors, providing a consistent voice and professional advice – as well as delivering non-specialist course content as required. You will be working with employees in industry, this will include working in a variety of environments to support the delivery of Technical Apprenticeships.
About the role
Working alongside the Head of Training and The Quality Lead, you will be an exceptional trainer who is happy both in a hands-on delivery capacity, and also in a mentoring role. You will understand the needs of all stakeholders – both internal and external – across the training lifecycle and be adept at proactively managing and balancing their requirements.
- Involvement in the development of Youthforce projects such as writing materials/worksheets/readers for new courses and qualifications
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders to develop and record work-based learning training plans which support the provision of coherent and high-quality delivery – and in so doing ensure that Youthforce meets all relevant funding requirements (including those relating to off-the-job training)
- Take ownership of the ILP and Review processes – and any associated documentation – in order to ensure compliance against audit requirements, and to ensure that all learners (including those with SEND) are supported through the learner journey
- Provide high quality Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) and support to learners on an ongoing basis
- Attend regular standardisation and team meetings
- Delivery of Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, Functional Skills Maths, English and IAG to ensure that all provision is “learner-centric” and consistently of a high standard.
- Work with clients to enable the development of workplace mentors who can provide the very best support to learners
- Work with other members of the team to ensure standardised practice and high standards
- Maintain records to standards expected by the internal verifier and awarding bodies
- Complete paperwork (e.g. enrolments, reviews and ILP’s) to the standard required by funding partners and Ofsted.
- Undertake CPD in line with Youthforce policy and Institute for Learning guidelines
- The willingness to travel to support learners nationally
- To attend regular performance meetings
- Assist in the evaluation of peers through observations of teaching and learning – contributing to staff development and others CPD plans
- Any other duties as requested by manager
- Proven experience in delivery of exceptional and high-quality training programmes
- Demonstrable skill and capability in successfully mentoring and coaching others
- Superb communication and relationship management skills – comfortable working with, and influencing, internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills – able to balance and deliver a diverse and changing workload to deadline and quality targets
- Enthusiastic, driven, ambitious and with a ‘can-do’ approach
- Curious and with a passion for learning new things – and sharing that learning with others
- Relevant subject qualifications to a minimum of level 4
- Driving license
- Thorough understanding of the lifecycle journey of a learner within an apprenticeship programme – from the employer, employee and provider perspective
- Assessor and IQA qualification or the willingness to achieve in the first 2 years
- Teaching qualification or the willingness to achieve in the first 5 years
About the pay and progression
The starting pay is £30-35k with additional performance bonus scheme.
Please email Carla.email@example.com to apply for this role.