Wage: £167.70 per week
Hours: Monday – Friday, 39 hours per week
Location: Glossop, Derbyshire
Expected duration: 21 months
Closing date: 30th April 2021
Brief overview of the role
To sample and control solutions to meet approved standards to include environmental regulations.
• Ability to measure part dimensions using Micrometer, Caliper gauge, Shadowgraph and Keyence IM series machine in both metric and imperial units.
• Use and understanding of tensile, fatigue and shear testing machinery.
• Understanding of mechanical drawings, standards, and specifications for aerospace components.
• Use of Vickers microscope to check for material imperfections within sectionally mounted parts.
• Understanding of all associated paperwork, route cards and processes.
1. To undertake analytical work and maintain records as required.
2. To ensure all laboratory equipment is fit for use.
3. To maintain stocks of laboratory reagents and consumables
4. To maintain the Safety Data and Technical Data systems
5. To undertake sampling and packaging of external samples
6. To sign Certificates of Conformity and effluent tanker release documents when required.
7. To keep your work area clean and tidy.
8. To ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards are maintained within the department.
9. To undertake any other duties as required
- Basic Maths and English.
- Computer Literate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Flexible and willing to learn.
- GCSE (or equivalent) C/4 in maths and English is preferred.
- Progress to R.Sci.Tech.
- Prospect of employment and promotion in a growing company.