Wage: £15,600 – rising to £17200 in year 2.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Expected duration: 21 months
Closing date: 3rd June
PLEASE NOTE: we expect a high volume of applications for this position, so may have cause to close this vacancy earlier than the closing date shown.
Brief overview of the role
Alderley Analytical is fast growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO) based at the prestigious Alderley Park in the heart of Cheshire. We provide specialist analytical services to support our pharmaceutical clients with their drug discovery and drug development projects.
Our facility has a wealth of state-of-the-art technology to allow us to deliver client results for their projects and we are undergoing a large investment in new technology to improve the capability of the laboratory and increasing the drug products we support.
Due to the ongoing success of Alderley Analytical, we are looking for 2 Laboratory Technicians to support our Scientists in the Project Delivery Group
Key responsibilities will include:
- To assist scientists with their laboratory experiments.
- Perform general laboratory duties including stock control, consumable ordering, and laboratory housekeeping.
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Preparation of laboratory reagents.
- Use and maintenance of general laboratory equipment and analytical instrumentation.
- Sample management activities.
- Compound management.
- Working in accordance with GLP/GCP and good documentation practice.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- General administrative tasks.
- Any other tasks required by Alderley Analytical.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork
- Focus on delivery
- Good work ethic
- A keen interest in science
- Organised, with excellent attention to detail and common sense.
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- GCSE in Science
- Following a successful apprenticeship, there is potential for a rewarding career path in a growing company.
- Progress to R.Sci.Tech.