Wage: £12,000 per year
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am-4.30pm
Location: Northwich, CW9 7TN
Expected duration: 21 months
Closing date: 2nd April
Brief overview of the role
Do you want to be part of a growing scientific team, manufacturing high-performance adhesive solutions for the packaging and labelling industry? This is a unique opportunity for a customer focused Laboratory Technician who will enjoy being part of a friendly and supportive working environment.
The addition of an apprentice laboratory technician to the technical team at Alphabond will help us to work more closely with our customers to provide them with improved tailored solutions.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- QC work on samples and retains, both on product and raw materials
- Booking in new materials
- Adhesive testing on substrates brought back from customer site by the technical application team
- Technical tests – testing speeds, open times, viscosities, including customer specific testing
- Ability to report on outcome of tests, i.e. graphs showing timeline of temperature/viscosity
- GLP – keeping the lab safe, neat, and tidy
The first few months you will be signed off against training plan, working from standard operating procedures.
As you build up technical knowledge you will support the sales team onsite.
The whole company meets together for a team huddle once a day so we all know what everyone is working on and if anyone needs any help to achieve their goals.
Further benefits of Alphabond – free parking, free lunch every day.
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Basic understanding of laboratory practise/methods
- Excellent verbal communicator
- Results driven
- Team player
- English, maths, and science at GCSE or equivalent
- A level (or equivalent) science – desirable
Dynamic growing successful business with opportunities across the business for career progression.
The right person has ambition to become an adhesive specialist and sees themselves in a managerial role into the future.