Wage: £10,400.00 p/a
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex
Expected duration: 15 months
Brief overview of the role
Ardingly College are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic individual whom is interested in obtaining qualifications and starting a career as an I.T. Technician. The post-holder will complete an apprenticeship under the Infrastructure Technician Standard at Level 3.
- Responding to tickets assigned by the Helpdesk Coordinator within agreed SLAs
- Keeping calls updated and where possible seeing them through to resolution.
- Provide a professional IT presence at events and services as required.
- Ensuring the IT Dept has stock of day to day items.
- Accurately logging calls on the department Helpdesk on the behalf of users.
- Liaising with third party suppliers and arranging the repair of various hardware items.
- Carrying out configuration of new equipment and testing prior to deployment.
- Installing applications and troubleshooting basic issues.
- Replacing basic hardware as required.
- Installing hardware in classrooms and offices, including transporting equipment around the site and receiving deliveries.
- Support students and staff in engaging with technology and helping them overcome barriers and challenges to using IT equipment including producing user guides and similar documentation.
- Work flexibly in order to support the IT department.
- Assist with health and safety, including but not limited to risk assessing
- Excellent organisational
- Communication and time management skills.
- Basic Technical competence
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Pleasant and helpful manner, with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team Player.
- Organised communicator.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Effective communication skills with staff and students.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- GCSE C/4 or above in English and maths
The Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship provides individuals with a sound knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers in ICT support and related areas. These include:
• Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in ICT
This pathway also offers the participant to undertake a range of professional job-specific qualifications and training with the possibility of promotion.