Brief overview of the role
To assist the Regional Contract Management in the day-to-day implementation of the corporate strategy by handling the day to day requests from site personnel for Plant and services in an efficient manner.
- Receive and evaluate requests from site personnel for goods and services via telephone, and email or in person
- Process requisitions for on-hire, off-hires and breakdowns, ensuring all legal, health & safety requirements have been met;
- Receiving deliveries and administration of any related paperwork
- Keep accurate up to date live hire report/ plant books
- Ensure all plant equipment that is issued is compliant with Health & Safety requirements & fit for purpose
- Completing contract documentation at both on-hire and off-hire stages including all legal and health & safety documentation;
- Recommend alternative products and options for carrying out the activities
- Support in investigating all plant related incidents on site
- Support in Damage and Loss meetings with supply chain
- Ensure Balfour Beatty’s Code of Conduct is thoroughly understood, adhered to and promoted across the business to ensure safe, compliant and consistent working practices
- To operate in an open and even handed manner with all personnel across the business. Treat all who we interact with, with courtesy and respect, treating everyone equally and embracing differences. Encourage everyone to achieve maximum potential
- To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working. To listen to each other and share knowledge enabling us to willingly combine expertise across the business and with our clients and supply chain
- Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all tiems. To always do what is right
- To take personal responsibility and accountability for actikons, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication, interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Good IT and computing skills
- Strong desire for personal development
- Appearance to be professional at all times
- Grades A-C in GSCE or equivalent.
Depending on performance and business needs, successful apprentices may continue in their job role and undertake a range of professional job-specific qualifications and training with the possibility of a promotion.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Sep 2019