Wage: £15,000.00 p/a
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
Expected duration: 21 months
Closing date: 22nd March 2021
Brief overview of the role
We provide a support service to contractors for site sampling of materials used for the construction industry and having them tested to current standards, plus the investigation of materials in a building to determine its form of construction, quality of concrete or other materials.
Initially the Site Technician will work as a second person with a Site Engineer who will require assistance in carrying out the investigation or recording or reporting.
There is an element of physical working requiring the use of percussion drills, core sampling equipment and cement-based products in making good the intrusive works.
We have current technology scanners which are Rada and ultrasonic based with a cover meter which is used for detecting the presence of steel in concrete.
There are numerous other on-site testing equipment which we would provide full training and knowledge of the interpretation.
A materials technician role includes, but is not limited too:
- testing a material’s strength and flexibility under stress;
- testing a material compaction;
- testing materials’ characteristics, such as chemical composition or electromagnetic properties; assessing the cost, reliability, safety and environmental impact of materials;
- researching new ways to use materials for the development of products
- analysing test results
- writing reports for project engineers and managers.
- Attention to detail and process
- The ability to use your initiative
- Accurate and meticulous person
- Creative and innovative
- A strong team player
- 3 GCSEs at Grade C (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- Full UK driving licence
- Progress to R.Sci.Tech
- Prospect of employment and promotion in a growing company.