Wage: National Minimum Wage by age
Hours: Monday – Friday, 39 hours per week
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Expected duration: 21 months
Closing date: 30th April 2021
Brief overview of the role
To sample and control solutions to meet approved standards to include environmental regulations.
- Perform routine and non-routine chemical analysis of products using standard operating procedures.
- Execute chemical testing procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date documents for chemical testing methods and activities.
- Operate laboratory equipment safely and effectively to conduct testing.
- Record, analyze and report test results to Managers.
- Maintain inventory of chemicals and supplies in laboratory.
- Record all the test data related to chemical additions, purifications and dump cycles.
- To undertake analytical work and maintain records as required.
- To ensure all laboratory equipment is fit for use.
- To maintain stocks of laboratory reagents and consumables.
- To maintain the Safety Data and Technical Data systems.
- To undertake sampling and packaging of external samples.
- To sign Certificates of Conformity and effluent tanker release documents when required.
- To keep your work area clean and tidy.
- To ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards are maintained within the department.
- To undertake any other duties as required.
- Basic Maths and English.
- Computer Literate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Flexible and willing to learn.
- GCSE (or equivalent) C/4 in maths and English is preferred.
- Progress to R.Sci.Tech.
- Prospect of employment and promotion in a growing company.