Wage: £155.63 per week
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
Expected duration: 21 months
Closing date: 13th November 2020
Brief overview of the role
The role will conduct routine testing of samples from the factory for Salt, S2 and Nitrite plus other duties to ensure product is released , calibration of equipment and to make up relevant standards for testing. Factory work will include swabbing to release equipment and some level of auditing will be completed.
Key duties and responsibilities (a bullet pointed list to paint a picture on the day-to-day jobs the apprentice will be doing).
- Laboratory Testing.
- Swabbing in the Factory.
- Some element of Auditing and investigation of issues.
The purpose of the role – how does it fit into organisational goals?
- The Quality Laboratory function fits into the factory by releasing product but ensuring the processes are working
Brief context on the team that the successful candidate will be working in.
The Quality function is at the heart of the factory and is a service to the operational team but also ensures the correct procedures are being followed
- Keen Eye for detail
- Good Communication skills
- Good Listener
- Asking Questions
- Computer skills – proficiency on Microsoft and other applications
- Science background or interested in science – if they have qualifications then that would help.
- Maths & English Essential as there is a lot of data /information used. Minimum Grade C/4 (or equivalent)
Post progression will be potential for full time role within the Quality function and CPD training and other potential roles within the business.
Things to consider
The role will be based in the factory and therefore there maybe be some lifting, working with machinery in factory but not operating. They will be dealing with chemicals in the Laboratory for the testing and an element of computer work.
If they don’t drive then they need to be able to commute to site probably no more than an hour away with the 8.30am start although they maybe asked to come in slightly earlier on occasions or stay slightly later.