Forest Gate Community School is a learning community in which our students have high aspirations for themselves and each other. We want our students to grow into well-informed, well-balanced and confident citizens. We aim to provide a disciplined and safe environment where young people learn effectively and respect each other.
As a school we are committed to an attitude of positivity and a belief in the life-changing power of education. We strive to remain a successful school for the sake of our children and the local community. To do this we must continually give and receive feedback, check our organisation and our environment and act quickly to make things better.
The administration team are well-established and have evolved with school’s growth and success over the years. Each team member contributes to the running of the school which allows students to thrive in a learning environment.
The purpose of this role is to provide a comprehensive and professional support service to the school’s administration team and to contribute to an outstanding office function.
- To keep and update the school events calendar
- To manage internal and external post including pigeonholes
- To complete administration tasks that come in through the admin@ email address
- To manage the birthday card list and to supply birthday cards to the Headteacher for each member of staff when required
- To update student files with medical and SEN information
- To independently follow and complete relevant checklists and trackers
- To provide updates and reports to the Headteacher as required
- To understand all key office functions
- To complete general administration tasks when required
- To cover reception duties when required
- Any other tasks reasonable and relevant to the role as directed by a line manager
- Educated to a good academic level and have a good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Good level of interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Understanding of the requirement to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must have experience of working as part of a team
- Computer literate. Reasonable knowledge of MS Office suite of applications or equivalent
- Well developed keyboard skills
- Must be willing to work flexibly – according to the needs of the school
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, self-motivation and drive. Working to agreed deadlines
- Positive attitude
Must have achieved C/4 grade or higher in the following:
- or equivalents
After the apprenticeship ends, we may seek permanent employment. This will be dependent on the progression of the apprentice and the needs of school.
Things to consider
- This role will require a DBS check which will be completed by the school
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates