Wage: £159.25 to £287.00 per week
Hours: Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week
Location: Sutton, Surrey
Expected duration: 15 months
Brief overview of the role
The desired candidate will provide technical and software support to a busy secondary school and partner primary schools.
Under the direction of the Network Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as first point of contact for IT issues.
- Supporting the management and maintenance of the school networks.
- Maintaining computers, whiteboards and projectors.
- Ensuring all IT equipment including: whiteboards and projectors are ready for the school day and additional times requested.
- Assisting staff in the use of IT equipment as required.
- Troubleshooting printing issues including: jams and management systems.
- Installing and maintaining software systems as required.
- Stock control and upkeep of related records and inventory.
- Supporting staff and pupils during lesson as required.
- Maintaining internet access, websites used, and permissions granted.
- Maintaining user accounts across systems.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software and end user problems.
- Supervising and running the connection to the Internet.
- Managing and developing the use of IPads including related apps that support learning in the schools.
- Undertaking periodic safety checks on equipment and materials, reporting findings to Network Manager.
- Working with teachers to develop IT skills across the curriculum.
- Managing anti-virus software.
- The successful candidate will be required to attend training courses as appropriate including in-house training.
It is also expected that you will be able to:
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Work using your own initiative.
- Assist school staff with resources when required.
- Be enthusiastic in developing own expertise and skills.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Network Manager or Head Teacher.
- Undertake professional training and qualifications.
- Experience of working as part of a team in a flexible and co-operative manner.
- Good standard of written and spoken English.
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills.
- Organised approach, attentiveness to detail and good planning skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good work attendance record.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and discretion when handling sensitive information.
- Ability to work using own initiative and also work as part of a team.
- Basic understanding of client operating systems (Windows, iOS, Android, OSX).
- A clear desire to establish a career within the IT sector.
- A level of maturity commensurate with working in a school environment will be required.
- An appreciation of the safeguarding requirements of working in a school environment.
- An appreciation of the need for confidentiality at all times.
- Willing to learn and develop professionally.
- Committed to self-development.
- Demonstrates professionalism and commitment including: timekeeping and reliability.
- Values others: an understanding of equality and diversity issues.
- Effective communicator with people at all levels.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident to take the lead when appropriate.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Committed to collective success.
- Creative and innovative.
- Flexible approach to work, use of initiative and willingness to take on new tasks.
The preferred candidate will have finished their GCSEs or other skills qualifications, will have achieved a minimum of Grade 4/C in English, Maths and IT or equivalent.
The Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship provides individuals with a sound knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers in ICT support and related areas. These include:
• Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in ICT
This pathway also offers the participant to undertake a range of professional job-specific qualifications and training with the possibility of promotion.