Wage: £230.63 – £307.88 per week
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8.00 – 4.00
Location: Merton, South West London
Expected duration: 15 months
Brief overview of the role
To be the first point of contact for all visitors to the academy, staff and students. To assist in the management of the reception area as well as providing administrative support in order to contribute to the smooth running of the academy.
- To present the professional and welcoming face of the Academy to all visitors, staff and students, including telephone callers.
- To ensure all visitors are signed in to the academy in accordance with safeguarding procedures.
- To respond to queries from parents/carers and the general public with exemplary professionalism, ensuring that any messages or complaints are immediately dealt with, forwarded to the appropriate member of staff or escalated as required.
- To ensure the overall appearance of the reception area is tidy, professional and presentable at all times.
- General administrative duties such as typing, photocopying, filing, collation and distribution of post.
- In liaison with appropriate academy staff, to contribute to the maintenance of academy information databases and filing systems relating to pupils, ensuring confidentiality is observed at all times and records are accurate and up to date.
- To assist academy staff in all aspects of academy life, including contacting parents and pupils where necessary.
- To provide general administrative support to the academy as required, including preparation of documentation, and administrative duties relating to specific areas such as academy calendar maintenance, extra-curricular activities, school trips, school meal arrangements.
- To order daily school dinners and liaise with the kitchen staff.
- Co-ordinate all school dinner debt, communicating with parents as the need arises.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Proficient in the use of computers and databases
- Good level of interpersonal and communication skills, with a good standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately
- Commitment to delivering excellent level of professional customer service
- Ability to remain calm and deal with challenging callers or visitors in an appropriate manner
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive, in particular where unexpected issues arise
- Ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; having tact and diplomacy where necessary.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Chance to be taken on as a full time employee upon completion of apprenticeship
- Growth within the Federation