Wage: £227.55 – £303.77
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Location: Orpington, BR5 4LZ
Expected duration: 15 months
Brief overview of the role
We are a two-form entry primary school in Orpington. Our school vision is “Success for All” and our aim is to provide our pupils with a well-rounded and enjoyable education that ensures that each child succeeds academically, physically and emotionally, preparing them for life in an ever-changing world.
We have approximately 60 members of staff comprising teachers and support who are the backbone of our academy, working tirelessly to ensure that all of our pupils are happy and making progress. We currently have a busy administration team of three – our office manager, our finance officer and an administrator. We are looking to complete our team with a further member of staff who is adaptable and willing to learn, and who will eventually be able to fully support our busy office and school. Daily “on the job” training and guidance will be provided, as well as Federation training/development courses when available. The daily life in a school office is very varied and team members must be adaptable, tolerant and keen to work with children and young people as our day ultimately revolves around them.
Some of the regular tasks which the new team member will be introduced to are:
- General administration tasks including postage, photocopying, filing
- First Aid (training will be provided)
- Administration of school attendance procedures
- Administration of school testing procedures (SATs)
- Basic HR administration
- Use of school Management Information System (MIS)
- Communicating with parents and other agencies, both in person and in writing
- Safeguarding children and young people (training will be provided)
- Good attendance and punctuality
- High levels of confidentiality and professionalism
- Commitment to equality act 2010 legislation and a willingness to work in a diverse workplace.
- A desire to improve outcomes and experiences for primary aged children
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency or willingness to train to use Microsoft Office and MIS packages
- Willingness to interact with the public
- Good literacy and numeracy levels
As this is a level 3 qualification, we would require a C or equivalent in GCSE Maths and English.
To work towards potentially joining our office team at HPAO or another Harris Federation academy as an office administrator by the end of the apprenticeship.