Wage: £16,000.00 p/a
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Location: St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Expected duration: 15 months
Brief overview of the role
To provide IT support to all customers in a full and professional manor. Assist with documentation creation and hardware/software management. Help run the remote support helpdesk and attend customers site if necessary. Be a member of our team and share our values.
- Resolution of IT issues to service targets (remotely and on-site)
- Accurately maintain and update the Helpdesk System
- Work collaboratively within a team environment
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Installation and configuration of Client, Server and Mobile software/ Apps at client location.
- Build, configure new PCs, Server and network devices to required specifications.
- Provide support for IT infrastructure components, including desktops, Laptops, Applications and on-site telephony.
- Maintaining internal support documentation.
- Daily network monitoring and backup monitoring.
- Server support and maintenance task management.
- Server OS and hardware installation.
- Provide out of hours support where required
- Candidate must attend customer sites in a timely fashion.
- This role requires frequent travel to customer’s premises all around the year.
- Maintaining high standards and professional image of the company is an absolutely necessary at all stages.
- Preparing regular end of day reports on the tasks assigned is required.
- This role requires a good positive attitude towards job, tasks, clients and event at all times.
- Constantly improving IT support skills is absolute necessary and a passion for learning is a must.
- Candidates should be confident in public speaking, professional, have a real enthusiasm for working with a wide variety of people, and the ability to be calm and patient under pressure.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server 2012 & 2016 (Desirable)
- Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 knowledge (Desirable)
- Good understanding of Office 365 support and implementation. (Desirable)
- Good understanding of at least Windows 10 PC operating system (Desirable)
- Proven analytical and logical troubleshooting approach
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Strong drive for high customer service
- Ability/desire to work within a challenging environment
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and client interaction skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be proactive and positive at all time.
- A Full UK drivers licence and your own car is desirable (business mileage will be covered).
- Able to provide a high level of service to users
- Flexible & “can do” attitude
- Team player
- Ability to prioritize
- Good organisation and planning skills with a very high attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively with users and senior management
The preferred candidate will have finished their GCSEs or other skills qualifications, will have achieved a minimum of Grade 4/C in English, Maths and IT or equivalent.
The Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship provides individuals with a sound knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers in ICT support and related areas. These include:
• Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in ICT
This pathway also offers the participant to undertake a range of professional job-specific qualifications and training with the possibility of promotion.