Wage: £20,000.00 p/a
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Location: St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Expected duration: 24 months
Brief overview of the role
To provide IT support to all customers in a full and professional manor. Assist with documentation creation and hardware/software management. Help run the remote support helpdesk and attend customers site if necessary. Be a member of our team and share our values.
- Resolution of IT issues to service targets (remotely and on-site)
- Accurately maintain and update the Helpdesk System
- Work collaboratively within a team environment
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Installation and configuration of Client, Server and Mobile software/ Apps at client location.
- Build, configure new PCs, Server and network devices to required specifications.
- Provide support for IT infrastructure components, including desktops, Laptops, Applications and on-site telephony.
- Maintaining internal support documentation.
- Daily network monitoring and backup monitoring.
- Server support and maintenance task management.
- Server OS and hardware installation.
- Provide out of hours support where required
- Candidate must attend customer sites in a timely fashion.
- This role requires frequent travel to customer’s premises all around the year.
- Maintaining high standards and professional image of the company is an absolutely necessary at all stages.
- Preparing regular end of day reports on the tasks assigned is required.
- This role requires a good positive attitude towards job, tasks, clients and event at all times.
- Constantly improving IT support skills is absolute necessary and a passion for learning is a must.
- Candidates should be confident in public speaking, professional, have a real enthusiasm for working with a wide variety of people, and the ability to be calm and patient under pressure.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server 2012 & 2016 (Desirable)
- Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 knowledge (Desirable)
- Good understanding of Office 365 support and implementation. (Desirable)
- Good understanding of at least Windows 10 PC operating system (Desirable)
- Proven analytical and logical troubleshooting approach
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Strong drive for high customer service
- Ability/desire to work within a challenging environment
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and client interaction skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be proactive and positive at all time.
- A Full UK drivers licence and your own car is desirable (business mileage will be covered).
- Able to provide a high level of service to users
- Flexible & “can do” attitude
- Team player
- Ability to prioritize
- Good organisation and planning skills with a very high attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively with users and senior management
The succsessful candidate must have:
- A Level 3 qualification in the IT field
The preferred candidate will have a minimum of Grade 4/C in English, Maths and IT or equivalent.
The Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship provides individuals with an advanced knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers in ICT support and related areas.
This pathway also offers the participant to undertake a range of professional job-specific qualifications and training with the possibility of promotion.
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the register of IT technicians confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence and those completing the apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration.