Wage: £153.55 per week
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Location: Rainham, Kent
Expected duration: 18 months
Brief overview of the role
Rainham School for Girls is a large secondary school and our aim is to provide an outstanding learning experience for all students. The vacancy is in our busy IT Team, where you will learn how to manage and look after a large IT network integrated with Google for Education and to help support other primary schools within our Academy
You will be joining a busy IT Team of 3 based at Rainham School for Girls and also supporting 3 primary schools within our local area. You will be maintaining and supporting a variety of IT devices on site.
The team consists of the IT Services Engineer and 2 IT Technicians, your main duties will put you working alongside the IT technicians supporting Rainham School for Girls.
Day to day duties will include:
- Hardware maintenance
- Software installation
- Classroom support
- Technical support via the helpdesk
- Assembly bookings
- Network administrative duties
- Google products support and administration
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of computer software and hardware
- Good problem solving skills
- Good time management
- Ability to adapt your communication style
- Team player, and the ability to work alone
- Be able to prioritise your workload
- Maths and English – C Grade or Grade 4 and higher
- Driving Licence desirable as some traveling may be involved
- Asylum & Immigration Act 1996: Your being able to produce the relevant documentation to satisfy the Trust’s requirements to comply with this Act. Your passport or full birth certificate and confirmation of National Insurance Number will suffice for this purpose.
- Medical Fitness: Your being fit to undertake the duties of the post.
- References: The receipt of two references acceptable to the Governing Body.
- Disclosure and Barring Service Disclosure: Receipt of a satisfactory DBS Disclosure.
- Qualifications: Presentation of any qualifications or training undertaken, as stated in your CV, which are relevant to this post (e.g. professional qualifications, Child Protection or First Aid awards).