Wage: £10,000.00 p/a
Hours: Monday – Friday, 39 hours per week
Location: Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Expected duration: 15 months
Closing date: 18th January 2021
Positions available: 1
We expect a high volume of applications for this role. As a consequence, we may close the vacancy before the specified closing date.
Recruitment timeline (this is subject to change):
- 18th January 2021 – vacancy closes
- 28th January 2021 – assessment centre (in person)
- 4th February 2021 – offers issued to successful candidates
- 15th February 2021 – successful candidates start
Brief overview of the role
To train as an apprentice, aiming to achieve a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship to work within the Quality administration team. To provide assistance to the Quality Manager in ensuring the effectiveness of the Quality Management System and supporting other users in the administration of this.
Specific duties will include (but aren’t limited to):
- Monitor the performance of all tests by examination and maintenance of the Quality Control charts and related systems and reports.
- Carry out Audits and report on any findings and effectiveness of corrective and preventative actions.
- Be responsible for the administration and evaluation of Proficiency Testing Schemes.
- Aid laboratory staff in the completion of investigations into non-conformance reports.
- Review, amend and manage the re-issue of controlled documents into the Laboratory.
- Assist the Quality Manager in the delivery of generic training modules.
- Ensure compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental requirements of the department and the wider SOCOTEC business.
- To project a professional, courteous image and support the business culture and codes of practice at all times. Advocate positive change and development in an optimistic and business supportive manner.
- To communicate with Internal teams and chase up outstanding actions.
This job description accurately reflects the requirements of the job at the time of writing but may be subject to change from time to time to meet the changing needs of the department and should be viewed as guidelines only.
- Good IT skills – Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good use of your initiative
- Able to prioritise workload
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Able to work within a team as well as on own initiative
- Personable & friendly
- Strong IT skills – particularly MS Word and PowerPoint
- Keen to learn
- Accurate & precise
- The ability to work in an organised fashion, to achieve deadlines
- Comfortable talking to people, answering the phone and dealing with customer enquiries
- Able to work as part of a team to deliver a great service to our customers
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the changing needs of the business
- Some experience of working in a customer facing role would be an advantage
- At least 4 x GCSE’s at grades C/4, including English and Maths
Apprentices who complete the programme may expect to be offered a full Business Administrator position at Socotec and development and progression opportunities. This is dependent on suitability and company requirements/needs.