Wage: £10,000 p/a
Hours: Monday – Friday, 39 hours per week
Location: Eagelscliffe, Stockton-on-Tees
Expected duration: 15 months
Closing date: 2nd July 2021
Brief overview of the role
To train as an apprentice, aiming to achieve a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship to work within the site administration team. The role is very much based around being a team player, who has a flexible attitude and is willing to get the job done. The key function is to assist the Office Manager.
Specific duties will include (but aren’t limited to):
- Management and distribution of incoming and outgoing post
- Answering incoming calls, taking messages and following through where required.
- Greet any visitors to the offices in a professional manner
- Data entry for the accounts payable invoices
- Maintain the office filing/archiving system in both hard and electronic format.
- Raise invoices/statements and assist with credit control process.
- Assist with recording and monitoring of timesheet production by internal and external staff.
- Filing and distribution of Site Sheets to clients
- Logging Reports and filing onto bespoke client accessed program
- Proactively assist with the smooth running of the office.
- Booking Hotels and couriers on an Ad hoc basis
- Maintaining Stationery and PPE Supplies
- Any other duties as assigned and deemed commensurate with the grade and overall responsibility of the post.
You will have:
- Good IT skills – Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good use of your initiative
- The ability to work in an organised fashion, to achieve deadlines
- Comfortable talking to people, answering the phone and dealing with customer enquiries
- Able to work as part of a team to deliver a great service to our customers
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the changing needs of the business
- Some experience of working in a customer facing role would be an advantage
You will be:
- Able to prioritise workload
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Able to work within a team as well as on own initiative
- Personable & friendly
- Client facing
- IT proficient
- Keen to learn
- Accurate & precise
- At least 4 x GCSE’s at grades C/4, including English and Maths
Apprentices who complete the programme may expect to be offered a full Business Administrator position at Socotec and development and progression opportunities. This is dependent on suitability and company requirements/needs.
Things to consider
- Please note, candidates living within a 30 minute commute radius of the vacancy location may be prioritised.
A driving license is not a requirement of the job, but there are no public transport links to the office, so you will likely need your own transport.