Wage: £236 per week
Hours: Shifts to be confirmed, Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
Location: Tonbridge, TN11 9HU
Expected duration: 21 months
Brief overview of the role
Apprentice laboratory technician, you will work as part of a team to prepare and test rock and soil samples and record data.
As part of the laboratory team, your role will support Structural Soils’ aim of providing accurate testing results that address client-specific schedule and project requirements. You will be critical in supporting our team of professionals as they meet client needs, providing outstanding customer service and delivering bespoke services where required.
The principal responsibilities for this role are:
- Test soil and rock samples according to standard test methods
- Calibrate laboratory instruments
- Sample disposal
- Maintaining a neat and orderly lab environment
- In addition to your normal duties, you may occasionally be required to undertake additional work necessary to meet the needs of the business, without additional remuneration.
- Organised with a methodical approach
- Able to work in a busy environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong team player
- Willing to learn
- Positive attitude to new experiences
- Conscientious approach to work
Grade C/4 in maths, English and Science GCSE (or equivalent)
This is a fantastic way to secure a full-time job, whereby you will be paid to learn. You will spend your time in a real working environment learning real skills, whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. RSK are committed to developing talent within the business and for the right candidate this apprenticeship could be the start of a long and successful career with an award-winning environmental consultancy.