Wage: £15,000.00 – £17,000.00 p/a
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Expected duration: 21 months
Closing date: 28th May 2021
PLEASE NOTE: we expect a high volume of applications for this position, so may have cause to close this vacancy earlier than the closing date shown.
Brief overview of the role
Terra Tek Ltd offers a wide range of laboratory and in-situ testing required in the construction industry. We are UKAS accredited, and have a thorough and robust system of training and auditing. We operate solely in the Geo-technical area within the Aston Clinton Branch. This is divided into three departments: routine, specialist and site testing.
- Key duties will include all parts of basic routine geo-technical testing, from sample preparation, to testing and processing of the results. Tests carried out in the laboratory cover a wide range of activities including but not limited: to determining moisture and densities of soil samples, constituent particles, strength characteristics using test equipment.
- Similarly, in-situ testing can involve attending clients’ sites and performing a range of testing in the field. Typically, this consists of following documented test procedures and using calibrated test equipment to determine the condition of the material at ground level. This can include measurements of moisture content, density, strength, settlement under pressure etc.
- Full training on test activities will be provided.
- Due to increased demand, we are looking to expand our operations and grow our geo-technical team
The ideal candidate should be
- computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- a good verbal and written communicator
- a good problem solver and a competent level of maths.
- Well motivated
- Organised, with excellent attention to detail and common sense.
Excellent work ethics is essential, as the technicians are expected to control their workload themselves and deliver in a timely manner.
- Candidates should ideally hold GCSE qualifications in English, Maths and Science A-C grade (or equivalent), however lower grades will be considered
- Driving licence is essential (for on-site testing and sample collection)
- During the time of apprenticeship, the successful candidate will be trained and audited in various aspects of the geo-technical testing operations.
- Our goal is to create a fully competent geo-technical technician, whom we could offer a full-time permanent position within the team.
- There is scope to progress to different areas within the geo-technical operations and for promotions through various grades as competence and experience is gained.