Wage: £20,103.00 per annum
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm
Location: Newham, East London
Expected duration: 15 months
Closing date: 29th June
Brief overview of the role
The purpose of this role is to provide a comprehensive and professional support service to the school’s administration team and to contribute to an outstanding office function.
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
- To update student files using SIM’s
- Data Inputting on Behaviour Management
- To deal with enquiries by telephone or in person
- To manage internal and external post including pigeon holes
- To complete administration tasks that come in through the admin email address
- Student filing
- To understand all key office functions
- To complete general administration tasks when required
- To cover reception duties when required
- Any other tasks reasonable and relevant to the role as directed by your line manager
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Educated to good level and have good standard or literacy and numeracy
- Experience working as part of a team
- Working to agreed deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, self-motivation and drive
- Good level of interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Understanding of the requirement to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must be willing to work flexibly – according to the needs of the school
- Able to demonstrate a professional approach to appearance, attendance and punctuality
The preferred candidate will have achieved a Grade C/4 or higher in GCSE English and maths, or an equivalent such as Functional Skills Level 2.
In some cases, consideration may be given to candidates who lacks these qualifications though has considerable experience in a relevant sector; however this is at the discretion of the employer.
Learners can progress onto further or higher education to undertake business related or other qualifications, Where possible, successful apprentices may also continue in their job role and undertake a range of professional job-specific qualifications and training with the possibility of a promotion.