Wage: £14,000 p/a
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
Expected duration: 21 months
Closing date: 9th September 2020
Brief overview of the role
VINCI Technology Centre wants to employ an Apprentice to work within the Compliance Testing team. Whilst carrying out this training we would sponsor you through a Laboratory Technician (Materials Testing) Apprenticeship from which you would gain a Level 3 NVQ in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities.
The work for this role will be hands-on, learning the skills required to become an expert in a number of tasks including constructing sound-proof partitions in the acoustic test facility, performing acoustic tests, cladding CWCT tests and structural load tests, to analysing the results and producing certificates of tests. The Apprenticeship course will enhance the hands-on learning at the Technology Centre.
The apprentice will work in the Compliance Testing team within the Technology Centre and will be trained to:
- Undertake 2 year Apprenticeship to Level 3
- Ensure all work is undertaken safely in accordance with required processes
- Undertake testing of materials in accordance with required standards, in the laboratory and on construction sites.
- Comply with the high standards of work required by the Quality Management Systems to required deadlines
- Maintain equipment to required standards as required by the Materials Engineer
- Proactively communicate with senior staff to ensure effective communication
- Assist the testing manager and project teams
- Produce test method statements
- Manage Health and Safety
- Carry out acoustic tests
- Carry out cladding CWCT tests
- Carry out structural load tests
- Carry out tests on site
- Produce technical reports
- Stock taking and materials ordering
- Good spoken and written communication.
- MS Excel and MS Word skills
- Keen to learn to work with engineering and construction tools.
- An interest in building materials and the assembly of building components including cladding and wall systems.
- Has existing or is looking to gain full driver’s license within first 6 months
A pro-active, motivated individual who wants to take a practical approach to learning a profession whilst continuing their education part time.
Maths, English and Science GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the apprentice will have the opportunity progress in a career towards a Technician or Engineer position whilst being given full support for further development through a combination of hands-on training and academic studies.
Team Leader & Management potential will be assessed and identified for development into a position of enhanced responsibility.