At Youthforce, we believe the world is being transformed by businesses working with science and technology. We work with employers across the UK economy to develop the staff needed to transform the world. Our mission is to develop a world class Science and Technology Workforce through apprenticeships. We are a fast-growing independent provider and are passionate about apprenticeships.
With experience of owning end-to-end marketing plans and budgets, you will be a proactive, hands-on self-starter who can quickly identify action needed and be the voice of marketing within the organisation. Passionate about the mission of Youthforce, you are looking for a role which you can shape and where you can really make a difference. Experienced in a range of marketing disciplines and with a good understanding of marketing theory, either through qualifications or experience, you are a quick learner and ambitious.
About the role
As the first Marketing Manager for Youthforce, your role will be pivotal in developing and delivering the Youthforce marketing plan. You will lead on the choice and use of marketing channels, measuring their success and optimising them, whilst keeping key stakeholders updated and working closely with the Sales team. Your work will be instrumental in generating business leads and recruiting apprentices, as well as building the Youthforce brand, with potential to evolve into exciting new areas over time. This is a flexible role with the option of working from home/remote working or working from our offices based in Brighton or The Midlands.
- Produce and deliver a 12-month marketing plan and calendar for Youthforce marketing in line with overall company objectives such as B2B lead generation and apprentice
- Run the day-to-day marketing activities for Youthforce, such as website maintenance, content and collateral production, social media activity and digital
- Work with marketing consultants to help shape the longer-term marketing strategy and ensure that the marketing plan will deliver this strategy.
- Manage the marketing budget and report on return on
- Own the relationship with marketing agencies and decide which agencies should be used as part of the marketing
- Set up tracking of marketing channels and report on performance to key
- Work closely with the Sales team and others to understand the customer proposition, purchase journey and lifecycle and ensure that the marketing activity reflects
- Be the voice of marketing in the organisation – educate and inform others about the purpose, direction and performance of marketing
- Input into partnership discussions and developments, particularly from a marketing
- Any other duties as requested by the company.
- Proven experience in marketing planning, including marketing mix, always-on activity vs. tactical, budget management and marketing
- Proven experience in delivering successful marketing campaigns across a variety of marketing channels, including but not limited to digital marketing
- Demonstrable understanding of marketing theory – brand management, customer journey and lifecycle, building and measuring
- A strong active understanding of at least 3 of the following marketing channels: web, social media, sales collateral, CRM, email, content
- Experience briefing and working with marketing and creative
- Strong communication skills, particularly written English – able to produce accurate and effective marketing copy.
- Good analytical skills for setting up and tracking marketing
- Project management experience or qualification.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills – able to communicate the aims of marketing to non-marketers.
- Proactive self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and with a ‘can-do’
- A quick learner comfortable working with new
- Experience working in an SME
- A good eye for design and experience of using InDesign or
- B2B marketing experience, including understanding of CRM