SALES EXECUTIVE APPRENTICESHIP
Why do it?
Your sales team is the lifeblood of any business. Ensuring that your team are functioning at the top of their capacity is vital to the health and growth of any organisation. Whether you’re concerned about honing and developing your existing sales team or bringing onboard new starters into it, the Youth force sales apprenticeship can help.
Our programme is designed by sales industry experts. We know that to be an effective salesperson you need the right knowledge, right skills, the right processes and the right behaviours. It’s a 4-legged table, miss any one of the 4 and it falls over!
We have also designed the programme in a flexible way to be able to be highly tailored to your organisation, so that the emphasis is on immediate, practical application.
How it works
- It’s a modular, self-paced learning programme covering the full grounding of necessary processes, knowledge, skills and behaviours for sales success. A fully holistic approach that is tailored to fit your business/industry
- A series of practical work-based assignments enabling effective, self-discovery learning
- Regular review and coaching sessions
- In-person/ via zoom visits focussing on the practical application of learning
- Remote coaching using state-of-the-art asynchronous coaching software that is time-efficient, intensely practical, and live.
What it will do for your business
- You will have rounded, modern salespeople who are able to work with methodology and technology and also have the interpersonal skills to be able to execute the processes
- Better sales results, e.g. revenue, deal value, target achievement
- Improved commercial productivity e.g. win rates, sales cycle time and customer retention
- Enable you to “grow your own”, i.e. to develop a talent pipeline of entirely fit for purpose salespeople
What it will do for your salespeople
- Give them an exceptional foundation and strong development in commercial skills that will enable them to optimise success in their current role and have transferable skills for wherever their career takes them in the future.
- This apprenticeship enables people to progress into permanent sales roles or could also equip people to progress into further education.
Why this apprenticeship?
- This is a programme that gives a holistic interpretation to apprenticeship standards and delivers real-world, practical training to apprentices. The lead designer is a highly experienced sales leader and consultant who brings 30 years of sales, consultancy and sales training experience to the programme.
- This is a level 4 programme, (i.e. one level above A level)
- The sales context-expectations of today’s buyers
markets and sectors
- Sales processes and methodologies
- Gathering and analysing sales intelligence
- Sales forecasting, customer targeting, meeting planning and preparation
- Understanding the customer, need analysis, lead generation, prospecting
- Consultative selling, selling value, customer centricity, stakeholder analysis
- Core customer skills, questioning probing, listening, behavioural styles and preferences
- Negotiation, positions, interests, tradables, planning and execution
- Concluding and closing, summarising, confirming, handling issues and moving to agreement
- Time and self-management, structure planning, discipline and resilience
- Collaboration and teamwork; multi-disciplinary collaboration, working in the matrix
- Law, ethical selling and personal development, the need for CPD.
- Contract duration 12 -15 months
- All apprentices must have a workplace mentor
- Hours: minimum 30 per week. 20% of hours to be spent on apprenticeship training
- Employers must pay for the apprentice’s salary. Training fees are paid for via the employers levy or co – investment