To change the world through science and technology apprenticeships.
You will be pivotal in realising our vision to deliver a 21st Century Science workforce that can compete globally through work-based learning. You will be our ‘Northern Star’, an expert who guides our science programmes.
As Science Curriculum Lead, your role is to ensure the quality and consistency of science training provision at Youthforce. This includes everything from Apprenticeship Standards to individual qualifications such as NVQ’s and Btec’s. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing dynamic training programmes that stretch and challenge learners using the latest technology and teaching methods.
In addition to developing programmes, quality assuring and supporting trainers with delivery and assessment, you will also carry a caseload of learners where you will lead by example.
Working alongside the Training Manager, you will be an exceptional trainer who is happy both in a hands-on delivery capacity, and also in a quality assurance role. You will have substantial experience of delivering and quality assuring apprenticeships and qualifications. You will have an expertise in science subjects and ideally you will have come from a science related industry background.
Your attention to detail, general rigour in everything that you undertake will be matched with high levels of organisation and planning. You will also possess a drive to communicate with clarity and simplicity in a way that promotes good team work.
- Liaise with all stakeholders, including the Programme Design Lead and client contacts, to ensure that lines of communication are consistently effective and efficient.
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders to develop and record work-based learning training plans which support the provision of coherent and high-quality delivery – and in so doing ensure that Youthforce meets all relevant funding requirements – including those relating to off-the-job training and OFSTED.
- Develop training and assessment materials that make use of technology and on online resources.
- Effectively utilise e-resources in the quality assurance, assessment and tracking of learner progress.
- Work with clients to enable the development of workplace mentors who can provide the very best support to learners, this may mean sensitively escalating any issues to their managers at times.
- Take ownership of your learners journey – managing the programme of learning, accurately completing records, setting dates and deadlines, giving high-quality feedback within 10 days. Also, pick up on any SEND or support needs the learners may have.
- Ensure the delivery of Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, Functional Skills Maths, English and IAG to with your learners and the programmes as a whole are “learner-centric” and consistently of a high standard.
- Support the development of soft-skills and behaviours to ensure that learners can meet industry and employer requirements as well as the needs of end-point-assessment
- Comply with awarding organisation and end point assessment requirements and Youthforce Policies & procedures.
- Support, contribute to and lead where appropriate, external quality assurance visits and audits.
- Attend, contribute to and oversee/run where appropriate, regular standardisation, training, meetings and CPD events.
- Assist in the evaluation of peers through Direct Observations of Teaching and Learning – contributing to staff development and continuous Professional Development Plans
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience of devising and delivering high-quality training programmes.
- Knowledge and expertise in a science discipline.
- Demonstrable skill and capability in quality assuring qualifications and supporting staff to improve quality.
- Superb communication and relationship management skills – comfortable working with, and influencing, internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Good team player.
- Thorough understanding of the lifecycle journey of a learner within an apprenticeship programme – from an employer, employee and provider perspective.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills – able to balance and deliver a diverse and changing workload to deadline and quality targets.
- Enthusiastic, driven, ambitious and with a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Curious, with a passion for learning new things – and sharing that learning with others.
- Assessor and Internal Quality Assurance qualifications
- Science related degree or similar qualification
- Institution or professional body recognition
- Teaching qualification
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
- Curriculum Development: 1 year (Required)
- delivering apprenticeship training: 1 year (Required)
- Certificate of Higher Education (Required)
- Birmingham, West Midlands (Required)
- Driving License (Required)
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV.