Cavendish all through school caters for pupils from 2-16 years old The desired candidate will provide technical and software support to a busy school. You will be responsible for the upkeep and good order of the computer equipment and using ICT resources to remedy software, hardware and network faults.
You will be responsible for the upkeep and good order of the computer equipment, development of staff knowledge and skill using ICT resources and identifying and remedying software, hardware and network faults.
In conjunction with the Senior Technician you will also advise on ICT Health & Safety in the school and monitor its practice.
Finally you will be responsible for the maintaining information contained on the school website, ensuring this information is relevant and up-to-date.
· Acting as first point of contact for IT issues
· Maintenance and cleaning of computers, Whiteboard and projectors.
· Install and maintain software systems as required.
· Stock control and upkeep of related records and inventory.
· Record all Procedures and Processes in detail to aid staff knowledge
· Support teachers and pupils with the mobile devices during lessons
· Diagnose and resolve hardware, software and end user problems
· Manage and develop use IPads including and related apps that support learning in the school
· Application of theft deterrent markings to all existing and new equipment as necessary.
· Undertake periodic safety checks on equipment and materials, reporting findings to School Business Manager.
· Work with teachers to ensure IT skills are utilised across the curriculum
· Knowledge of the programmes used across all year groups and within all curriculum areas.
· Work with Leadership Team to further develop IT Strategy
· Processing, printing, photocopying and finishing requests within given deadlines
· Operate reprographic equipment as required
The successful candidate will be required to attend training courses as appropriate, e.g. in-service training;
It is also expected that you will be able to:
· Exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times;
· Work using your own initiative within school times
· Assist school staff with resources when required;
· Be enthusiastic in developing own expertise and skills;
· Undertake any other duties as required by the IT Manager, Resources Manager or Head Teacher;
· Undertake professional training and qualifications.
The preferred candidate will have finished their GCSE or other skills qualifications in English and maths, though consideration will be given to highly motivated young people willing to achieve a qualification in Functional Skills (English, Maths & ICT) at Levels 1 & 2.
The Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard is a fantastic foundtation for furthering a career in the field of IT technicial support.