Brief overview of the role
The successful candidate will provide support to laboratory and quality control operations, whilst acting with reasonable care, skill and diligence.
Provide a supporting role to the Quality Control (QC) and Customer Support Chemists under the supervision of the Senior Development Chemist.
- Support of the QC function, carrying out basic product testing such as viscosity, total solids and pH.
- Cover for Quality Control during lunches, holidays and illness.
- Helping with investigations in to batch failures and rework of materials.
- Assisting in practical testing for the purpose of product recommendations.
- Aiding in the investigation of customer complaints and record keeping.
- Carrying out practical testing for the purpose of raw material approval.
- Manufacture of product samples for customer trials.
- Effluent testing, monitoring of discharge and maintenance of testing logs.
- General maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment as required.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Provide administrative assistance.
- Collecting and preparing samples.
- Following the company health and safety policies to ensure you and your colleagues well-being.
Any other reasonable duty as required by the company
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good teamworking skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer literacy
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good time management
5 GCSEs at C (or equivalent)
For the right candidate the intent is to progress into a permanent full-time technician role with an increased salary. The company has grown three fold in the past 6 years and our intent is to continue to do so. There is potential progression to Quality Control or Technical Support Chemist.